I started making this for a friend's baby back in, can you guess? 2007-2008. I must say I got pretty far. The quilt top was finished, the quilting was started and I just never got around to finishing it. I find large quilts on my machine to be quite hard to manage, constantly having to roll and unroll, roll and unroll with the quilt barely fitting under the machine. But if I take it to someone with a long arm machine to finish this, won't the different freehand styles be noticeable?
I've been interested in taking a hand quilting course at our local Quilt shop, because I've considered doing the middle two rows by hand and just stitching in the ditch.
By the time this quilt gets pulled back out and finished, the original baby won't be a baby anymore. I don't know of any pre-teen who wants ABC's on their bed, do you? Maybe I'll save this one for my future grandson/granddaughter (and I just got way ahead of myself here).





No comments:
Post a Comment